any of our clients have asked in the past for a more affordable Network-Player based on the very famous S-5, which is uncompromisingly built and one of the best-sounding Network-Player.
The S-5 “XS” version is the answer and offers many design highlights from its bigger brother, the S-5. One of the major changes at the S-5 “XS” are the power supply system and the tube output stage.
We did it very carefully and the S-5 “XS” version offer maximum flexibility and a super sound performance regardless of the price class that you would expect from an Ayon product with.
Features & Design
Full-featured Network Music Player/DAC/Preamp
Class-A triode vacuum-tube output stage for single-ended & balanced operation
We believe that the simplest circuits work best together with the shortest signal path. That is why our pre-amplifiers to date have used single-ended pure class-A circuitry. The shorter the signal path is, the less possibility of sonic degradation from various sources, including the wire itself. Even on the circuit boards, the copper traces are kept to a very minimum length. The completely redesigned circuit board provides a more straightforward and direct approach to the signal paths.
User interface on QVGA 3.5” TFT display
- Internet radio (vTuner)
- UPnP / DNLA
- HiRes Audio - online streaming ( via Audirvana Media Server )
- Tidal – online streaming ( via Audirvana Media Server )
- Qobuz - online streaming ( via Audirvana Media Server )
- WAV - up to 192khz/24bit
- FLAC - up to 192khz/24bit
- Logical sequenced soft-start power up for extended tube life
- Warm up function
- 0dB negative feedback (of any kind )
- Ultra short signal path
- Simplest direct circuit path for purest musical sound and high reliability
- Low output impedance for driving long runs interconnect to an amplifier, and any tube or solid state power amp
- No solid state devices in the analog tube output (signal path )
- Minimal discrete wiring for optimum signal propagation
- No followers or buffers in the signal path
- No DC servo that degrades the signal
- High quality parts throughout
- Separate analog output stage for left and right channel
- Burr Brown D/A converter
- Upsampling 24bit/192kHz and on/off switchable
- Ethernet ( RJ45 )
- Memory stick or USB drive
- BB A/D converter 24/192
- Digital input - S/PDIF (RCA), I2S , AES/EBU, BNC & TosLink
- 2 x USB type “A” inputs for Memory stick or USB drives
- Digital output - S/PDIF (RCA)
- Dual Electrical-Analog Volume control system
- 2 pair analog line input ( RCA)
- 1 pair analog line input ( XLR)
- 1 pair Tape out ( RCA )
- Separate Display for Network-Player and Volume/ Inputs
The power supplies have been further refined with new components and enhanced AC line noise filtration. Separate power transformer windings and filters provide total isolation between the input and output stage which makes this a pure power source and it is a critical attribute for a 6H30 output stage. We also use electrolytic capacitors with much larger storage capacity to make up for the loss in filtering when using resistors in lieu of inductors.
- Three R-Core / Low noise – insulated power transformers for digital & analog separated
- Innovative power supply provides a high speed energy delivery on transients
- Separate and isolated power supplies over each stage of amplification
- AC power line filter to avoid noise and hash from entering into the unit.
- Four times tube rectification for tube output stage
- Choke with Film caps
- 10 separate voltage regulators
The type of parts used therefore must have a synergistic relationship to the circuit they are placed in. It is this relationship of which type of part to use where, that ranks our products apart from the mass.
- Selected, premium quality passive components used in all applications
- High speed & high quality coupling capacitors
- High quality tube sockets with gold pins
- Capacitors ( MKP )
- High quality – RCA & XLR jack
- Gold-plated industrial grade PCB
The high grade aluminum chassis impart a richer, more lustrous tonality with a cleaner back-ground and less hash and grain. All brushed anodized anti-vibration-resonance and non-magnetic chassis’s are fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship.
- AC phase polarity control indicator
- The aluminium feet are resonance absorbing types
- Metal remote commander
- Chassis finish: black / chrome
Bezahlung und Sicherheit
Alle Zahlungsinformationen sind sicher. Wir speichern keine Kreditkartendaten und haben keinen Zugang zu Ihren Kreditkartendaten.